- While Georgia regulates vacation rentals at the local level, most cities define vacation rentals as those with temporary occupancy of 30 days or fewer.
- Licenses for vacation rentals are regulated at the local level. Be sure to check with your local jurisdiction for the requirements in your area.
- Use Tax: Guests who book listings that are located in Michigan will pay the following tax as part of their reservation: 6% of the listing price including any cleaning fee for reservations 30 nights and shorter in Michigan. More information can be found here.
FIRE & SAFETY
- Check with your local jurisdiction for the fire and safety requirements in your area.
CONNECT WITH VRMA MEMBERS
- The House of Representatives consists of 110 members who are elected by the qualified electors of districts having approximately 77,000 to 91,000 residents. Representatives are elected in even-numbered years to 2-year terms.
- The Senate consists of 38 members who are elected by the qualified electors of districts having approximately 212,400 to 263,500 residents. Senators are elected at the same time as the governor and serve 4-year terms concurrent with the governor's term of office.
- A new session of the Michigan Legislature begins on the second Wednesday of January every year at noon. A regular session of the legislature typically lasts throughout the entire year and adjourns in late December.
- Find Your Legislators
- House and Senate Directory
- House and Senate Session Calendars
- Committee Meetings
- Bill Search
- State Statutes