- While Oregon regulates vacation rentals at the local level, most cities define vacation rentals as those with temporary occupancy of 30 days or fewer.
- Licenses for vacation rentals are regulated at the local level. Be sure to check with your local jurisdiction for the requirements in your area.
Guests who book rentals that are located in the State of Oregon will pay the following taxes as part of their reservation:
- Oregon Transient Lodging Tax: 1.5% of the listing price, including any cleaning fees, for reservations 29 nights and shorter. 1.5% is the State imposed tax rate only. For detailed information, visit Oregon.gov.
- State-administered Local Transient Lodging Tax: 0-10% of the listing price, including any cleaning fees, for reservations 29 nights and shorter. For detailed information, visit the OR Transient Lodging Administration website.
FIRE & SAFETY
CONNECT WITH VRMA MEMBERS
- Oregon’s bicameral legislature consists of the House of Representatives, which has 60 members elected for two-year terms, and the Senate, whose 30 members are elected to serve for four-year terms. Oregonians choose their legislators by voting every even-numbered year.
- The Oregon State Legislature convenes annually in January at the State Capitol in Salem, but sessions may not exceed 160 days in odd-numbered years and 35 days in even-numbered years. Five-day extensions are allowed by a two-thirds vote in each house. In odd-numbered years, the Legislative Assembly convenes on the second Monday in January.
- Oregon uses a system of single-member districts to elect its legislators. Each of the 90 members represent a designated senatorial or representative district, meaning each Oregonian is represented by a single Senator and a single Representative. Representative districts have a population of about 70,621; Senate districts contain about 141,242 people. These district lines are redrawn every ten years. Find further information about Senators and Representatives.
- Find Your Legislator
- Senate Directory
- House Directory
- Legislative Calendar
- Committee Meetings
- Bill Search
- Oregon Revised Statutes